Thursday 30 July 2009

Thanks for a great season!

Hi Christian,

I just wanted to take this opportunity to say "Thank You!" again for a really fun and exciting season. We never imagined going in that we could have this successful of an outcome. Walmart Cup, Woodbury, and USA Cup Champions! Who would have thought!

Hayden has loved having you as a coach and I can tell you from our perspective as parents that we have seen great improvements in her level of play since you've taken over the team. Not only have her tactical skills improved, but her entire sense of the game has improved by leaps and bounds. We know that this is because of the training you've provided this team. She has gained skill, confidence and an overall love of the game this past season and we really look forward to what the next year will bring.

Thank you for always keeping the parents involved in your development plan. This is been so helpful in understanding what the expectation should be for a player in this age group. The evaluation you provided early in the season and then again at the end was such a great way of getting the players involved in their personal goals and a great tool for them to measure their progress on and individual level. Hayden read her evaluation over a dozen times and continues to talk about how she wants to master new skills going into this next year.

It is a rare gift that a coach can capture this kind of enthusiasm, respect and admiration from a group of pre-teen girls and you have done that with great success!

Thanks again for all you've done for this team and for Hayden!

Sincerely,

Carolyn & Mike Johnson

Be Positive, Live Positive

Be Positive, Live Positive
My Trip To South Africa

Why Christian's a great coach!

1. He taught me how to Maradona around opponents.
2. He taught me how to bend corner kicks into the goal.
3. He taught me how to visualize my game beforehand.
4. He coaches me on how to handle pressure.
5. He never goes easy on me.
6. He made me only use my left foot for an entire week during a camp that was too easy for me.
7. He improved my technical skills (speed juggling, footskills, shooting.)
8. He met me on a soccer field 4 years ago and has kept in touch with me ever since.
9. He comes to my games to watch, then calls me afterward.
10. He doesn't get mad at me when I beat him. :)

Dana Buckhorn
u15 MTA Blue
1995 ODP Regional Pool Player